Patient was educated on oxygen precautions as follows:
- Avoid using any material flammable, such as aerosol cans, cleaning fluids, alcohol products, and petroleum products, near the oxygen tank.
- Maintain at least 10-meter distance from any open source of flame or potential source of spark, such as stoves, candles, fireplaces, hair dryers, and electric razors.
- Follow strict compliance with no smoking instructions indoor. Post no smoking instructions in all the rooms of the house.
- Educate all family members, any visitors, and guests regarding compliance with the no smoking instructions inside the house.
- Make sure that the smoke alarms in the house are in good working condition.
- Secure the attachment of the oxygen cylinder to a solid structure. This helps to avoid making a missile out of your oxygen tank, during situations of gas leak.